Race Texas and Texas World Speedway are proud to bring you
The Fightin’ Texas Mud Run!
More than mud, The Fightin’ Texas Mud Run is 3 miles of mud, 15 obstacles, a color zone, giant slides and much, much, more!
Fightin’ Texas Mud Run Highlights:
- Fightin’ Texas Color Zone
While color runs are all the rage, we have a special celebration planned at our Fightin’ Texas Red, White and Blue Color Zone. Bombs of color await you in what is sure to become an event favorite.
- The Fightin’ Texas Mud Crawl
Get low and get dirty as you crawl under our barbed wire. No, those aren’t real barbs, but we won’t tell if you don’t.
- Giant Fightin’ Texas Water Slides
40 feet wide and over 100 feet long, take the feet first, fast way down or opt for the chicken route down.
- The Stairway to Heaven
Urban warfare has arrived. Feel the burn with 200 steps.
- The Monster Mud Pit
Start with a slide, end in a mud pit that seems to never end. You are almost done.
Choose from 10 waves – Compete as an individual or as a platoon (team) of 5:
- Individual Waves
- Platoon/Team of 5 Waves
- All Female Wave
- Corporate Wave
- All Greek Wave
- All Corps of Cadets Wave
The Fightin’ Texas Mud Run Corporate Challenge – Is your company looking for an exciting, team building opportunity? The Corporate Team Wave offers businesses the opportunity to support a great cause and add excitement to team building.
Fightin’ Texas KIDS Mud Run – Now the kids can join in on the muddy fun! Kids are invited to compete in their very own 1 mile mud run and Mom and Dad can register for the shortened kids course and participate right alongside their little mud bug.
It’s a MUD RACE – State of the art chip timing with real-time Finish Line Results! Race Texas timing partner, Redemption Race Timing, will provide the very best, state of the art timing for the event. You will receive your bib and timing chip at packet pickup.
Awards – 75 Belt Buckles are up for grabs! The Best will be awarded the exclusive, Fightin’ Texas Mud Run Belt Buckle. Award ceremonies will take place at the Race Village at the top of every hour, beginning at 10am. * The kids mud run is not a timed event. Sorry, no awards for the kids mud run, but they do receive a Fightin’ Texas Mud Run Dog Tag!
Individual Wave – Top 3 male & Top 3 female
Platoon/Team of 5 Wave – Top 3 platoons finishing as a group
All Female Wave – Top 3 female
Corporate Wave – Top 3 corporate teams finishing as a group
All Greek Team Wave – Top 3 Frats, Top 3 Sororities finishing as a group
All Corps of Cadets Wave – Top 3 male & Top 3 female
Each Fightin’ Texas Mud Run Participant Receives:
- A Sick Fightin Texas Mud Run Shirt
- Fightin’ Mud Run Finisher Dog Tag
- Free photos! No paying for Fightin’ Texas Photos! You will be able to download and share all your photos after the race. We will also have a photo backdrop tent set up for group, company or team photos. View all race day photos HERE!
- Food vendors onsite (prepay at registration for all you can eat rations)
- Beer vendors onsite
Low cost parking fee $5 per vehicle – INSERT CHARITY . Plan on carpooling! Purchase your parking pass online when you register! Pay for parking now so you don’t have to on race day.
Changing Tents and Showers
His and hers changing tents are provided in the Race Village. A mass shower (i.e. tanker truck that will hose you off) will be located near the changing tents.
Hydration Station on the Course
There are 2 Hydration/Aid Stations located at mile 1 and 2 on the course.
FIGHTIN’ TEXAS MUD RUN
- Now thru 12-31-2012 $50 (Early Bird)
- 01-01-2013 to 02-28-2013 $60 (Regular)
- 03-01-2013 to 03-31-2013 $70 (Late)
- 04-01-2013 to 04/08/2013 $80 (Last minute, T-Shirt not Guaranteed)
FIGHTIN’ TEXAS KIDS MUD RUN
- Now thru 2-28-2013 $20
- 03-01-2013 to 4/08/2013 $30
Saturday, April 13th, 2013
Fightin’ Texas Mud Run
- Start times vary – Waves begin at 8am. See registration for specific information on your wave. Arrive early and be ready to line up 30 minutes in advance. Allow at least one hour for race day packet pickup.
Fightin’ Texas Kids Mud Run
- Start-time – 4pm roughly a 1 mile modified course with mud and a few memorable obstacles!
- Parents can go along with kids while they do the course, but must register and receive a bib. We strongly recommend this for 8 and under. It will be a great time to spend with your child. Kids ages 6 to 13.
Texas World Speedway, 17529 State Highway 6 South College Station, TX 77845
- Fightin’ Texas Mud Run Course = 3 mile course with 15+ obstacles including
6 mud/water challenges, the Fightin’ Texas Color Zone, Giant Slides and many other dry land obstacles and climbs.
- Fightin’ Texas Kids Mud Run = 1 mile course. VERY IMPORTANT – Parent or guardian must sign waiver and be present at event. Parents may register for the kids run if they want to participate with their child. The Kids course is 1 mile long, with several tamed down obstacles with no high off the ground challenges. There will be a running/walking, a little mud, a little water and a whole lot of fun as they get to finish in front of the crowd. They will get their own shirt and finisher dog tag to show off their accomplishment.
- Race Texas timing partner, Redemption Race Timing with provide the very best, state of the art timing for the event. You will receive your bib and timing chip at packet pickup.
- Your race bib will have a timing chip encoded on the back of the bib. Do not tamper with this tag. You may choose to pin your bib to the front or back of your shirt or use a race bib if you choose.
- Each athlete will be body marked with their race number during athlete check-in on race day.
- Click to enlarge our course map. Remember that this is preliminary and obstacles can and will change. Plus we want to surprise you!
COURSE MAP COMING SOON!
April 8th, 9th, 10th from 4pm to 6pm
BRAZOS RUNNING COMPANY
1667 South Texas Avenue
College Station, TX 77840
Race Day Packet Pickup begins at the Race Site at 7:00 am.
You must have your packet picked up prior to 45 minutes before your assigned wave start. **NO PACKET PICKUPS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN 45 MINUTES OF YOUR WAVE START TIME – NO EXCEPTIONS – DON’T BE LATE – NO PACKET, NO RACE – NO REFUNDS – PLEASE ALLOW FOR DELAYS AND LINES.
Important Wave Start Information:
• IMPORTANT – Register early so you can choose the wave you want to start in! This option allows you to race with your friends and family. Wave starts will be available on a first-come first-registered basis.
• Each start wave is limited to 100. You will select your wave at the time of registration. Remember, they will be filled on a first-come basis. When a wave is full, it will be closed and will no longer be available for registration. Register Online TODAY to guarantee your wave start time.
• There will be multiple waves offered, starting in 30-minute intervals.
• Remember, your race time is based on chip time, not gun time. This means winners can come from any wave, so don’t stop running. It will come down to fractions of a second.
• Waves will be color-coded according to your wristband. You will be given your wristband at the time of packet pickup. You must not remove your wristband. If you don’t have your wristband on, you will not receive finisher items.
Fightin’ Texas Kids Mud Run Wave Start Schedule:
(Limited to 50 participants per wave)
*Register early to get the wave you want. You select the wave at time of registration.
Wave #1: 4:00pm
Wave #2: 4:20pm
Wave #3: 4:40pm
Fightin’ Texas Mud Run Wave Schedule:
(Limited to 100 per wave)
*Register early to get the wave you want. You select the wave at time of registration.
Wave #1: 8:00am
Wave #2: 8:30am
Wave #3: 9:00am
Wave #4: 930am
Wave #5:10:00 am
Wave #6: 10:30am
Wave #7: 11:00am
Wave #8: 1130am
Wave #9: Noon
Wave #10: 1:00pm
Wave #11: 1:30pm
Wave #12: 2:00pm
RACE RULES : READ THIS!
• Shoes covering the entire foot (not sandals) are required for all participants. You must wear shoes for the entire course, including the finish line. You will be disqualified if you are not wearing both shoes.
• No diving into any obstacles. Feet first only – NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be removed from the course.
• Obey the directions of race officials and volunteers on the course.
• This is a race to each obstacle. This means that if there are any lines or backups at an obstacle, you must wait in the line until your turn. With that said, we have taken significant measures to eliminate the probability of lines at the obstacles. The obstacles and course have been designed to avoid excessive backups.
• You are permitted to help your teammates or anyone else for that matter. If someone needs help, help them.
• No hostile contact or interference will be allowed at any time.
• No profanity or lewd behavior or NUDITY…this is a family friendly event!
• Last, but not least, thank at least 5 volunteers for helping make this race a great time!
Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries ARE NOT transferable. We are sorry but we will not be able to make exceptions will to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms.
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is canceled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2013 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is canceled due to inclement weather.
Race Texas is looking for high energy, fun and dependable volunteers to help with Fightin’ Texas Mud Run! If you are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our signature charity for the Fightin’ Texas Mud Run is Operation Finally Home, an award winning home building non profit 501 C3 organization that’s mission is to provide custom made, mortgage free homes to wounded veterans and the widows of the fallen. $5 out of every registration fee for Fightin’ Texas Mud Run will go towards building a new home in College Station for a very special warrior and his family. Please consider making an additional donation during your registration process.